Dorset, a breathtakingly beautiful county in South West England, is known for its gleaming coastline, picturesque landscapes, and historic sites. Sweeping away from the hustle of city lives, it becomes essential to find the perfect, cozy, peaceful, and select home away from home. The ultimate list of must-stay holiday cottages in Dorset features some exquisite gems that reveal a world of comfort, offering a special experience in the heart of this delightful county.
1. Everafter Cottage: Nestled in the quaint village of Evershot, which inspired Thomas Hardy’s Wessex, the Everafter Cottage is the epitome of historic charm and modern convenience. The extensive garden paints a picture of tranquility with a private hot tub and barbeque area. With its captivating charm, it is a haven for those seeking an idyllic country getaway.
2. Apple Tree Cottage: Located in the historic village of Burton Bradstock, Apple Tree Cottage offers a cozy and comfortable setting for a family or group adventure. With its iconic thatched roofs, a beautiful garden, and charming interiors, it’s surrounded by a multitude of walking and cycling routes, making it a perfect choice for sport and nature lovers.
3. Moonfleet Manor: The Moonfleet Manor is a luxury holiday cottage serving the refined luxury by the holiday cottages in dorset coastline. The cottage, with its sea views, incorporated fun aspects like a games room, an indoor pool, crèches, and a variety of activities for kids, ensuring each member of the family, to have a memorable stay.
4. Jurassic Coastal Cottage: As the name suggests, this cottage located near the renowned Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site offers an impressive view of the coastline and rolling hills. Its rustic charm is coupled with luxurious amenities, making it a perfect getaway for those who want to explore the fossils and glamorous coastline of Dorset.
5. Melbury Vale Farm: With eco-friendly lodges nestled in the heart of Dorset’s beautiful countryside, Melbury Vale Farm is a hidden gem. Offering home-brewed wine, the cottages provide a unique charm yet equipped with contemporary amenities, ideal for nature lovers and eco-conscious travelers.
6. Summer Lodge: Step back in time with the elegance of the Summer Lodge. Beautifully styled with its English country décor, the cottages provide a pampering haven with luxury amenities like a spa, a heated indoor pool, and an award-winning restaurant, marking an enchanting spot for a romantic getaway.
7. Swallow’s Orchard: Overlooking the panoramic Blackmore Vale, Swallow’s Orchard offers a fusion of tradition and modernity. It is well-equipped with surround-sound TV, underfloor heating, a hot tub with TV and iPad control, and an adorable log fire for those chilly nights.
8. The Coach House: This splendid cottage is an excellent choice for history lovers. The 18th-century character added by wood panels and brickwork coexists with modern comforts like cosy interiors and landscaped garden, giving a charm to the picturesque Whitcombe valley.
9. Golden Acre Holiday Bungalows: Ideal for dog lovers, the Golden Acre Holiday Bungalows offer pet-friendly accommodation. With proximity to the beach, these self-catering bungalows offer a safe and secure space for you and your furry friends.
10. The Poet’s House: Located in the artist’s village of Bridport, the Poet’s House is an elegantly designed, luxurious cottage. With views over the Asker Valley, it offers an inspiring, artistic escape.
Each of these holiday cottages in Dorset offers unique experiences, tailoring to the tastes of various travellers. Whether you seek the tranquility of the countryside, the ruggedness of coastline, history, sports activities or luxury, these cottages provide unparalleled accommodation options, making Dorset an ideal destination for a break away from the city’s hustle and bustle.
Select the one that sparks your interest and dive into an unforgettable Dorset experience!